'The Mucker'

The Mucker is our gravel option which takes in about 75% off-road trails and tracks and the other 25% on the road. Ideally, a gravel bike is the ultimate beast for the job, but any bike from the off-road family will do the trick. You can choose to take on The Mucker in a bikepacking style, by carrying all equipment, bivvy, tent etc. Alternatively, drop your kit off at sign-on, and it can be transported over, via our complimentary shuttle.

 

Despite the gravel bike being the all-round best fitter, there are a few technical sections throughout the route to keep you on your toes, which might favour the MTB at points.

 

 Taking in some of the most excellent gravel, farm and fire track trails the Scottish Borders has to offer, this one truly is stunning.

There are multiple timed Enduro style stages throughout the route. However, in-between, the sections are untimed - giving you a chance to kick back and enjoy the stunning scenes unfolding in front of you.

For those of you looking at 86km with 1700m acent and think 'Sh$t the bed, that's a bit much' there will be a 'Get me to the Fest Short-cut' if you're not feeling up to it.

*GPX upload of Routes Available 20/06/20

Stage 1  - 86km (1,700m)/61km

The route leaves Galashiels - and quickly flows along-side the river Tweed, winding past Melrose Abbey and the rolling Eildon Hills, through thick forest and open moorland.

Without a doubt the hardest of the two days, stage 1 has a considerable amount of climbing on some tough terrain. Nonetheless, the stunning views along the way more than make up for it.

We'll be honest from the start; this stage is a tough one - even for the racing snake on a flashy lightweight gravel bike. Plus, we don't blame you if you're keen to crack on and enjoy the activities at the Festival village. If that's the case, there's a shortened loop option if the first chunk has taken its toll. 

Stage 2  - 44 km (900m) 

A much more 'chill' day in comparison with the previous - and for good reason too. There is a little more flexibility with start times as we want to make sure you make the most of what we have on offer at the festival village. 

After a big first day, the route meanders along the East side of St. Marys loch before hitting the main climb of the day. It's no mean feat - averaging 11% for nearly 4km. Nonetheless, once you're over this brute, it's plain sailing back to the finish. 

Contact

Email: mucknmacfest@gmail.com

Tel: 07376492950