top of page

2 Epic Days of Tweed Valley Gravel Riding

Muck n' Mac Fest  takes in about 65% off-road trails and tracks and the other 35% on the road. Ideally, a gravel bike is the ultimate beast for the job, but any bike from the off-road family will do the trick. We'd say a minimum of 40mm tyres to be safe - there are a few rocky stretches!


Despite the gravel bike being the all-round best fitter, there are a few technical sections throughout the route to keep you on your toes, which might favour the MTB at points.


 Taking in some of the most excellent gravel, farm and fire track trails the Scottish Borders has to offer, this one truly is a beauty!

There are multiple timed Enduro style stages throughout the route. However, in-between, the sections are untimed - giving you a chance to kick back and enjoy the stunning scenes unfolding in front of you.

*GPX upload of Routes Available 1 week in advance

Route Options


These carefully  selected routes are the culmination of 10's of years experience riding in the valley. These very routes are where our love of cycling first began.

We have an exceptionally full festival programme but understand that's not for everyone. Are you here for just the riding? Not a problem, you can register for both days of riding or alternatively selection Day 1 or Day 2 riding only which comes at £50 each day... Not bad, if you're not so keen on the full festival offerings... Though, we suspect you'll wish you had when you see our line-up!


There are 3 riding options: short, long and adaptive. These offer a fully inclusive experience for all levels of rider:


  • Short Option - approximately 40km each day

  • Adaptive Riding - approximately 40km , 1000m elevation

  • Long Option - approximately 75km each day, 1600m elevation 

bottom of page